Sunday, October 23, 2011

Emirates Woman

Happy 30th Birthday Emirates Woman!!

(the October issue)

This October marks the 30th Birthday for Emirates Woman. Over the past 30 decades, this magazine has come a long long way, and I can reassure you of that because I had the honor of working there (in the art department) for a month this June.


This is a screenshot of one of the pages in the October issue: Annah, the fashion and beauty assistant (an amazing, amazing person!) and I, scanned all of the covers of the EW mags from the archives! One long but interesting process!
I also edited a lot of the wear and tear marks on the mags (they are about 30 years old!)


Working directly with the Art director and every member of the EW team, I had the best time and learnt so much in the process. I realized how much work goes into publishing just one issue.

Not to mention all the perks of working for a fashion and lifestyle magazine: first looks and previews into the coming season's hottest looks (the clothes and accessories from designers that are brought in to be shot in the studio), all the latest news and global reports, peek into the region's best wedding tips and pictures (via Emirates Bride), as well as all the amazing content that is going to be published in the upcoming issue. 

Each and every member of the EW team is talented, committed, so good at what they do, and friendly. I felt like I knew some of them for years, when I had only met them when I had joined.

The amazing team I got to work with!
(pictured at the 30th birthday celebrations)


Even Sophia, the editor, who was busy with meetings, and all sorts that EIC's are busy with all the time, and between all the great work she does, she found time to work with me for some time, which I was so grateful for. (She is absolutely fab!)

Here are pictures of 'me' in the magazine:



JULY 2011 ISSUE
______





AUGUST 2011 ISSUE


I partially designed the layout of this page.

Also, if you've noticed they have started to give the magazine layouts a great new look, which I absolutely love. Pick up the latest issue (their birthday issue!) to check it out, and if you don't already, start reading EW. They go beyond fashion; they feature global reports of women all around the world, some 'reality check' features, they showcase the local talents of successful women in Dubai, feature travel articles about the greatest places around the world, most of which a member of the EW team travels to, and so much more!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, impressive to say the least--what a wonderful publication and what a dedicated staff! Thanks for sharing and I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's great!. You can catch the magazine at Issuu under motivate publishing if you don't have access to it abroad!
    Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to having you back. Our posts get better every week and you will enjoy coming back every time. That's a promise. Feel free to share the blog with family and friends!
    -LVP

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...