Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dubai's Airport Terminal 3 Gets a Makeover!

Hey everyone! Welcome to 2012!! Let me start off by saying thank you to all of you for coming along this journey of LVP with me! 2011 was great as it was the year LVP was born and I am so excited to see what 2012 has in store!

As many of you know, I was in NY for the holidays. I landed a couple nights back in Dubai's Terminal 1. However, I received an email from Mona Kattan (aka Adventures in Monaland) making me wish I had landed in Terminal 3!

This is why:

As the 2.5 million people who pass through Dubai International Airport’s Terminal 3 each month will be able to testify, high-flying fashion isn’t restricted to last- minute duty free bargains. 

Dubai-based label C’est Moi was tasked to fashion-up Emirates’ departures terminal with its one-of-a-kind luxury dress, on display this month. Following in the footsteps of designers including Versace, Stella McCartney, Tom Ford and Jean-Paul Gaultier, C’est Moi conceived DXB’s Absolut Luxury Dress using Swarovski crystals and a swathe of ice blue ombré skirt. The dress will also feature as part of the Absolute Fashion Photography Competition, launching early next year. To commemorate the collaboration, Bazaar swapped catwalk for runway and took to the tarmac to capture this season’s most chic Dubai Duty Free find.


The showcase is on until January 7th!

Some behind the scenes from Bazaar Arabia's photo shoot:

 



Text & Photos provided by Mona Kattan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...