Since, here in Dubai, many people celebrate the month of Ramadhan, it only seemed natural for me to have a post related to it in some way. I meant to write this one for a long time, but before I knew it August blew away, as did Ramadhan!
Anyways, I wanted to write this post to explore the benefits of eating dates. Muslims who celebrate the month of Ramadhan fast from Sunrise to Sunset and at sunset, they break their fast, often, with dates. Reason: it has been recommended and is great for refilling the fibre and sugars that the body lacked during the rest of the day.
Dates are high in natural fibre, as well as in potassium, iron, calcium, and many other important nutrients.
- Date digest easily so they're good for quick supply of energy
- One date a day is considered the minimum for a healthy balanced diet
- Regular consumption of dates has been found to help in the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestines
- Being a laxative, it has been shown to be beneficial with suffering from constipation
- It's tonic effect gives its medicinal properties/use, specially for cases of weak hearts, stamina, digestion & abdominal cancer,
- It's high Calcium content acts as a strengthener for bones, and general strength within the body